Some Random Things About Me  

Posted by Megs in ,

Sooooo.... I have no idea what I think I am doing, starting a blog. Whose idea was this anyway? I thought the easiest way to get this thing going would be to post a few random things about myself. So here it goes:


1. I have three of the cutest dogs ever and wouldnt trade them for anything. They are my children, for now.
2. I love Bollywood movies and music! I own multiple CD's and DVD's of Bollywood stuff. Its fascinating to me.
3. I am from a family of 6 girls, I'm third from the top.
4. My husband, Tyler, and I dated 4 and a half years before getting married (which was too long).
5. I lived in Monterrey, Mexico for 8 years when I was a child.
6. I can only be truly relaxed when my house is clean although I rarely have time to clean it.
7. I am an introvert, I draw strength from alone time.
8. Reading and music are my choices of escape.
9. I want to learn how to play the guitar (doesnt everyone these days?)
10. I have had the opportunity to travel to, and visit: France, Germany, and England, Paraguay, Argentina, Brazil, Costa Rica, and obviously Mexico. I want to see a lot more of the world before its all said and done.
11. I love the beach! Laying out with a good book, getting a tan is my happy place in the warmer months.
12. I majored in Child and Family Development at UGA.
13. I have my Masters in Social Work but find myself not wanting to use it in the traditional sense.
14. My house is your house (as they say in Mexico). I grew up hearing this and find it to be true for myself and my home today.
15. I have been through the one house fire I will ever have to go through in my lifetime, hopefully.
16. Cars do not seem to like my husband and I and often resort to suicide (totaling themselves) to get out of being a part of our family. (AKA We do not have good luck with cars)
17. I want to know how to belly dance, but dont want to go through the process of learning it. :)
18. I am very impatient, with myself and in general, when it comes to learning new things which unfortunately has held me back from doing more in life.
19. I have always wanted to be remembered as being my own person, ever since I was a little girl. Sometimes I take this too far.
20. I love truth, honesty, being real and down to earth, no BSing or telling me what you think I want to hear. I love real conversation with people.
21. I am selfish and want to work more on sacrificing my wants for the needs of others.
22. I long to be healthy and active but my picky eating habits, busyness and overall laziness and excuses keep getting in the way.
23. Tyler and I are meant for each other. We perfectly balance each other out. His strengths are my weaknesses and my strengths are his. We are best friends. God did an amazing job of choosing us for each other. He couldnt have picked a better husband or lifelong friend for me than Tyler.
24. I want my fear and pride to stop getting in the way of what I am capable of, my possibilities.
25. I am never more truly alive and myself than when I am near to God and able to feel his spirit, his voice within me. I have not been my whole self, for an extended period of time, in years.
26. I am allergic to dairy products. This does not stop me from loving them and partaking freely however, when I reach my body's "quota" my nose starts itching and driving me crazy.
27. I hate talking on the phone and would rather communicate using some other form (in person, text, email).
28. Usually when I am around a needy person (emotionally) my instinct is to run the other way. I think God is teaching/humbling me in this area lately by showing me how needy I AM, so that I can better sympathize with others when they are in that situation.

That's all for now but I will try and keep working on keeping posts current!

This entry was posted on Tuesday, February 3, 2009 at Tuesday, February 03, 2009 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment