Waiting  

Posted by Megs



I realized last week that I am waiting for my "real" life to start. By real life I mean the life where Tyler and I both have good paying full times jobs, benefits, a kid or two, we are financially secure, able to go on vacations, dont have to work on nights or weekends, etc. I feel like I am on pause spiritually, emotionally, and even physically until this "real life" starts up. I obviously am aware that this is foolish thinking but that does not make it feel any less true to me. I am determined to start making a conscious effort to enjoy the "now" of my life and try to convince my spirit, mind, and body to stop waiting for something that may or may not happen in the future. I am sure that real joy and content is found when you learn to live in and enjoy your "now." This similar lesson keeps popping up for me.... fancy that. :)

This entry was posted on Monday, February 23, 2009 at Monday, February 23, 2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 comments

Preach it, sista. I love you Meg!!

February 25, 2009 at 6:53 AM

Hi Meg!
It's good to find you on here. :) I understand where you are coming from, but have learned that you can end up always being in the that place of waiting if you are not careful. Good for you for making a conscious decision to live life now! There are so many wonderful lessons to learn and blessings to be had in the NOW! LIVE girl! (I've struggled with this too and got a tattoo that says LIVE on my wrist - check it out here: http://vanebrown.wordpress.com/2008/09/02/vanes-tattoo-on-vimeo/

March 26, 2009 at 11:24 AM

Post a Comment